Gingham & Chevrons

>> Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gingham and chevrons are so much fun to work with. They're timeless but trendy and always a great staple. I love the way chevrons more your eye through a design and gingham, well, I just can't get enough of it. I've actually been searching for black gingham shoes and a handbag to no avail. Sigh. But the Lily Bee Double Dutch collection has me falling for it's SIX different colors of gingham. It doesn't get much better than this!


The technique I've used here with the lovely gingham papers is what I call a folded chevron technique. I've had it spinning around in my head for quite a while now, hoping that it would work. It was so fun to have it turn out just as I'd envisioned. Each gingham chevron is made from a 2"x 12" strip of cardstock. I've made cuts at two inch intervals and then folded my chevron out of it. I love how it finishes the edges so nicely with the folded edges.

This is what it looks like folded. Just adhere it well on the reverse side and press those folds well. You don't have to stitch it but as I love to stitch, I just couldn't resist.


A couple more details...





Lily Bee Supplies:
Double Dutch Patterned Papers: Marmalade, Key Lime Pie, Celery, Croquet
ABC Cardstock Stickers: Double Dutch
Mixed Cardstock Stickers: Double Dutch
Index Journal Cards: Double Dutch
Bag of Bits: Double Dutch

17 comments:

Denise Price April 5, 2012 at 6:25 AM  

Great idea for the folded chevrons. Thanks for sharing!

angie gutshall April 5, 2012 at 6:34 AM  

This is such a fun layout and love the design!

Julie Tucker-Wolek April 5, 2012 at 6:42 AM  

*sigh* this is GORGEOUS!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee how you created the chevron borders and loving all the pennants!! WOW!!!

Стокли April 5, 2012 at 7:10 AM  

Folded chevrons! and I love the way you put all these little flags on the top.

Nicole Martel April 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM  

Love this! Great design and colors!

antenucci April 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM  

Love the chevrons - can't wait to try that!

Patricia Roebuck April 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM  

Just when you think every which a way for making chevrons has been done...WOW! Will have to try this. Gorgeous LO!

Unknown April 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM  

Yup. You are a genius, Julia! That is the BEST chevrons yet. Love the clean edges and no patching together lines. If I could only stitch like you...

Lynda April 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM  

Love the chevrons, and the beautiful, bright paper too! Thanks for sharing your idea!

Judith April 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM  

This looks amazing. Love the chevrons

furrypig April 5, 2012 at 2:28 PM  

the gingham is lovely and thanks for sharing your chevron technique xxx

Celeste B. April 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM  

I am going to have to try this.

Joaniebolognie April 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM  

What a beautiful layout! Love the use of the paper!!!

Kristy April 5, 2012 at 5:51 PM  

Julia!!! This is the best layout I have seen in a long time! I am obsessed with cheveron anyway, but adding the gingham!! LOVE IT! PINNED IT! Keep 'em coming!

Julie April 7, 2012 at 6:20 AM  

This is GORGEOUS!!!! Can't wait to try it out!

Julie Ebersole May 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM  

Julia, stumbled across this while looking for something else online, and promptly fell off my chair! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! And BRILLIANT!!!

Post a Comment