Smart Cookies

>> Thursday, May 10, 2012

With summer fast approaching, it's not too early to start thinking about end-of-the-year gifts for your favorite teachers. This week happens to be Teacher Appreciation Week at our school, so I thought I'd share a little project I made for the fabulous people that enrich my kiddos' lives on a daily basis!

I started with this .svg file that I cut on my Silhouette. (You can download it here!)

I cut the shapes from Lily Bee patterned papers (Victoria Park and Buttercup lines) and then backed the pennants with white cardstock:
I used the coordinating ABC Stickers to add sentiments to each banner, so they read "Thanks to you teacher...I'm a smart cookie."
Then I added some Mixed Cardstock Stickers and shapes from the Bag of Bits, along with some ribbon and twine and attached the pennants to (what else?!) a package of cookies. (Store bought. I'm not as handy in the kitchen as I am at my scrap table!)


Lily Bee Supplies:
Pattern Paper: Victoria Park - Wortley Village; Buttercup - Rainboots, Blossom
ABC Stickers: Buttercup, Victoria Park
Mixed Cardstock Stickers: Buttercup, Victoria Park
Bag of Bits: Handmade

And in no time, I've got a sweet little treat for the kids to give their teachers. Hope you're inspired you to do something special for the educators in your life!

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek May 10, 2012 at 6:48 AM  

What a FAB IDEA!! I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these!!!!! WOW!!

Unknown May 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM  

Super cool, Lisa! So clever. And thank you for sharing the Silhouette file. Going to put this to good use. I've slacked off in my gifting this week.

Ursula Schneider May 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM  

Brilliance! Love these so much!

Patricia Roebuck May 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM  

Such a clever and adorable idea, love this!

Lynn May 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM  

this is so adorable. Lucky teacher!

Alice Pace May 14, 2012 at 8:42 PM  

So adorable! I'm a baker and these are just so sweet!

Post a Comment