True Friendship

>> Friday, June 22, 2012

Sometimes, I get so caught up in scrapping about my family and what is going on in our lives that I don't think to record my friendships.  

In the layout I'm sharing today, I wanted to highlight a very special friendship I have with a woman I truly consider to be my sister.  No, we're not blood sisters, but we are certainly as close as sister's might expect to be.


I love that good friends walk together through life. And since I used a gridded paper for the background, I was able to easily write my about our 'walk' together directly on the background paper.


I'm a big fan of having tabs that stick up above the top edge of my page.  They look great, add a little unexpected dimension and still fit nicely inside my albums. Here, I used the Victoria Park Journal Cards to add the effect of tabs.


I love using the 6x6 pads to create my own embellishments.  For the flower below, I simply punched a couple of shapes out of the small-scale patterned papers and added a brad.


Overall, you'll see there are a lot of details added to the page but it still retains the feeling of having white space to allow the eye to rest.  Clustering makes it possible.

Lily Bee Supplies Used:
 Pattern Paper: Victoria Park, Handmade, Buttercup
ABC Stickers: Handmade
Journal Cards: Victoria Park, Handmade
Bag O Bits: Handmade
Mixed Cardstock Stickers: Handmade, Victoria Park
6x6 Paper Pads: Memorandum, Victoria Park
Stamps: Handmade

Other Supplies Used:
Punches: EK Success, Fiskars
Silhouette SD Die Cut Machine
Wood Veneer: Studio Calico
Scarlet Bird Designs Button Badge, Die Cuts
Brad: My Mind's Eye
Button Maker: Epiphanie Crafts
Mist's: Maya Road
Ink: Jenni Bowlin Studios


Have a beautiful Lily Bee Design kind of day and make something lovely!

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek June 22, 2012 at 5:42 AM  

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the colors, the photos -- and loving all the little details you added!!

Denise Price June 22, 2012 at 6:08 AM  

Yes, one of the things I love most about Lily Bee papers is the grid pattern. It makes it so easy to line up journaling and other page elements. The more I use Lily Bee products, the more I see how they are cleverly designed to make scrapbooking easier. It's the little things like this that really count!

Patricia Roebuck June 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM  

This is beautiful, Ursula, and so special to have a friendship like this.

Katherine June 23, 2012 at 2:55 AM  

Beautiful page Ursula :D

Lilith Eeckels June 23, 2012 at 4:03 AM  

This is sooooo pretty Ursula!

kate blue June 26, 2012 at 7:35 AM  

love those tabs too and may try to incorporate those in some of my layouts (great way to use stash too :)

Rebecca June 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM  

Love it! Of course, I'm partial to the subject matter, but the layout is awesome!!! Sarah did a great job of making us look 25 again...or was that Photoshop? lol

dudley November 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM  

Gorgeous work, I just want to share this with my best friend. Thanks.nfl jerseys cheap

Post a Comment